Governor James B. Hunt Grants
Please note grant cycle dates.
- Grant Application Open: September 6 - October 31, 2019. No exceptions.
- Decisions will be emailed to applicant by November 30, 2019
- Checks mailed to recipients the first week in December 2019
The North Carolina Foundation for Public School Children awards annually a limited number of Professional Development Grants, up to $1,000 each, to North Carolina public schools and educators that serve K-12 students.
Professional Development grants are to help finance professional development opportunities for North Carolina public school educators.
Named in honor of former North Carolina Governor James B. Hunt, Jr., any public school administrator, educator, or guidance counselor is eligible to apply for a grant for oneself, for another public school personnel within their own district or school, or for their school or district.
Preference is given to low-wealth school districts as defined by the State Department of Public Instruction and/or located in a Tier 1 county.
A project evaluation, submitted through the Foundation website, is to be submitted to the NCFPSC office as soon as possible after the completion of the project. No future grant applications will be considered unless all information has been received from previous grants.
Please be prepared to share photos and a video from your project to submit with your evaluation.
- NCFPSC reserves the right to share approved grant projects for public relation and testimonial purposes.
- Grant funds may not be used for clothing. Only 10% of the funds requested may be used for shirts, if applicable.
- NCFPSC does not assist with fees related to National Board Certification.
Questions may be directed to Marca Hamm.